Turner Designs Hydrocarbon Instruments has developed a revolutionary bench-top method to measure oil-in-water that uses no solvent. The advantages are significant in that we have eliminated the health and safety hazards of transporting, handling and disposing of solvents commonly used in the field for oil-in-water analysis. The method also eliminates operator error associated with precision liquid measurements during the analysis process. This new method is designed to be compatible with our TD-500D hand-held oil-in-water analyser. It is a robust method using a simple surfactant instead of solvent, with unprecedented accuracy and repeatability.
- Measures all oils including the heaviest of crudes to condensates up to 50°API and refined diesel range oil, lube oils and heavy fuel oils in water
- Measurement range from below 1ppm to over 10,000ppm without dilution
- Measures dispersed (free) oil independent of water soluble organics (WSO)
- Measures WSO independent of dispersed oil
- Accuracy is independent of salinity and hardness
- Unaffected by suspended solids
- Performance independent of process temperature
- Independent of lag time between sample gathering and analysis
- Precision sample volume not required
- No acid required
- No solvents required – non-flammable, transportable on any air carrier
- Simple procedure
- Complete analysis in less than 10min
Turner Designs Hydrocarbon Instruments is the worldwide leader in oil-in-water measurement technology with both continuous on-line monitors and bench-top oil-in-water analyser solutions for all markets, from explosion-proof for offshore oil platforms to precision contamination prevention in ultra-pure water.