Golden Pass secured a final environmental impact statement (EIS) from US-based Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) for the proposed $10bn LNG export project.
The Golden Pass LNG export project facilities will include the construction, modification and operation of liquefaction facilities at the existing Golden Pass Export Terminal, as well as supply dock and alternate marine delivery facilities in Texas and Louisiana.
Additionally, 2.6 miles of a new 24-inch-diameter pipeline loop, three new compressor stations, five new pipeline interconnections and modifications, as well as miscellaneous appurtenant facilities will also be constructed.
Chevron's 100%-owned subsidiary Unocal East China Sea commenced natural gas production from the first stage of the long-delayed $6.4bn Chuandongbei project in southwest China.
The project was originally due to become operational in 2010, but was delayed as it is a complex field containing high hydrogen sulfide content.
The Chuandongbei project is a sour gas joint E&P project between China National Petroleum (CNPC) and Chevron and covers over 800km² in Sichuan province and the Chongqing Municipality.
Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) opened the $10bn Al Hosn Shah sour gas development project, located 210km south-west of Abu Dhabi.
The project is a joint venture between ADNOC and Occidental Petroleum and is expected to extract more than one billion cubic feet per day of ultra sour gas from the Shah gas field.
Half of the gas produced from this field will be used to feed the gas transmission network in UAE, in a bid to address the increasing gas demand in the country.
Canada's BC Oil and Gas Commission issued the last two of ten pipeline and facilities permits to TransCanada for the $4.8bn Coastal GasLink project.
Permits are for pipeline-related facilities, which include a natural gas compressor station and metre station in Groundbirch, as well as a natural gas metering facility in Kitimat.
The other eight permits are related to pipeline construction.
Kuwait Petroleum signed MoU with Oman Oil Company to invest in Duqm Refinery and Petrochemical Complex
Oman Oil Company (OOC) and Kuwait Petroleum Corporation’s international subsidiary Kuwait Petroleum International (KPI) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to cooperate in the development of Duqm Refinery and Petrochemical Complex.
The complex is located at the Duqm Special Economic Zone (SEZ) in Oman’s Al Wusta Governorate.
The MoU was signed by Hilal Al-Kharusi, acting executive managing director of Duqm Holding of behalf of OOC and Bakheet Al-Rashidi, CEO of Kuwait Petroleum International at Crown Plaza Hotel in the Duqm Economic Zone.
Construction works began on a $2.1bn industrial gas complex in Saudi Arabia, which will serve the Jazan refinery and terminal upon completion.
In April last year, Saudi Aramco awarded a contract to Jazan Gas Projects Company (JGPC), a joint venture (JV) between Acwa and US-based Air Products to build, own and operate the complex.
The gas complex will supply 75,000t per day to Saudi Aramco’s refinery, which is being built in Jazan.
Qatar Petroleum announced its plan to merge all activities of LNG producers RasGas and Qatargas under a single entity known as Qatargas.
After the integration, Qatargas will operate all ventures currently operated by these two companies.
International shareholder companies of both entities include ExxonMobil, Total, ConocoPhillips and Shell.
The shareholders of Novatek approved $19bn external financing to be raised for construction of Yamal LNG plant in Russia.
Yamal LNG concluded loan agreements related to financing from the National Welfare Fund of Russia, as well as project financing agreements with Sberbank, Gazprombank, Export-Import Bank of China and the China Development Bank for $18.4bn.
Out of the total amount, more than $4bn was already withdrawn.
Canadian pipeline operator Enbridge agreed to acquire US-based Spectra Energy in a deal valued at approximately C$37bn ($28bn).
The combination of these two companies is expected to create a new energy infrastructure company in North America, to be known as Enbridge, which will have an enterprise value of approximately C$165bn ($127bn).
Upon completion of the deal, about 57% of the combined company will be owned by Enbridge shareholders, while the remaining 43% will be owned by Spectra Energy shareholders.
Petroleum Development Oman implemented Intergraph solutions to enhance engineering information management
Exploration and production company Petroleum Development Oman (PDO) implemented Intergraph Smart Data Validator and Intergraph SmartPlant Enterprise for Owner Operators to enhance engineering information management.
The Intergraph process, power and marine (PP&M) solutions were selected mainly due to their data-centric attributes and potentiality to assist PDO’s business workflows.
From its inception in 1962, PDO has focused on oil producing at the Oman Sultanate.