UK-based oil and gas explorer and producer Circle Oil has pressure tested, certified and commissioned a new pipeline and associated infrastructure for its Rharb Basin permits in Morocco.
The firm began test supplies on 1 February 2012 and has been supplying gas to local industry since then.
Total delivery through this pipeline now amounts to about 36,000 normal cubic metres per day (Nm3/d) and will increase to about 90,000 Nm3/d by the start of next month.
The pipeline is set to increase the company's net revenue to about $14m per year.
Production is anticipated to increase further through the year and it will reach between 230,000 and 240,000 Nm3/d in the fourth quarter of this year.
Circle Oil CEO Prof Chris Green said: "Circle and its partner have now begun to significantly increase gas supplies and associated revenues as the next step in further exploiting our Rharb acreage."
Circle Oil holds a 75% stake in the new pipeline, while the remaining 25% interest is held by Morocco's Office National des Hydrocarbures et des Mines (ONHYM).
Circle Oil Maroc, a unit of Circle Oil, holds a 75% interest in the Sebou and Lalla Mimouna permit concessions in the Rharb Basin, with the remaining stake held by ONHYM.
The company also holds a 60% stake in the Oulad N'zala permit concession and ONHYM holds the remaining 40% interest.