Constitution Pipeline Company, a joint development between Williams Partners and Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation, has executed precedent agreements for a proposed 121-mile pipeline designed to connect natural gas production in northeastern Pennsylvania, US, with northeastern US markets by 2015.
Cabot Oil & Gas has committed to transport 500,000 dekatherms a day (dt/day), while Southwestern Energy Services Company, a subsidiary of Southwestern Energy Company, agreed to transport 150,000 dt/day for a total takeaway capacity of 650,000 dt/day.
The new interstate gas pipeline is being designed to extend from Williams Partners' gathering system in Susquehanna County, Pennsylvania, to the Iroquois Gas Transmission and Tennessee Gas Pipeline systems in Schoharie County, New York.
Williams Partners will hold a 75% interest in the pipeline and will offer construction, operation and maintenance services, while Cabot will own the remaining 25%.
In anticipation of filing a certificate application with the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) in early 2013, Constitution Pipeline Company requested that the FERC initiate a pre-filing environmental review of the pipeline proposal.
The FERC pre-filing process is intended to solicit early input from citizens, governmental entities and other interested parties to identify and address issues with potential facility locations.