Able Fusion is a level measurement system that combines the operation of a float operated magnetic level indicator with a guided wave radar to offer two independent proven level technologies in one system.
The magnetic level indicator offers a clear visual level display and can be supplied with a reed chain transmitter, magnetostrictive transmitter or switches for high and low level alarm requirements, operating in conjunction with the level indicator float.
The guided wave radar offers an independent level measurement based on high-frequency microwave pulses that are transmitted along a guide rod. The pulses are reflected back by the liquid surface to a receiver, providing a level measurement accuracy of ±3mm.
The visual indication or transmitter output from the magnetic level indicator can be compared with the guided wave radar to provide the confidence of accurate liquid level measurement, either locally or in a control room.
The combination of technologies provide the operator with a fault tolerant, reliable level system suitable for applications where critical level measurement and redundancy is required, particularly in the offshore, petrochemical, power and pharmaceutical industries.
Additionally, the instrument is ideally suited for the replacement of existing side-mounted level instrumentation such as displacer level instruments and sight glasses, providing clarity of local indication as well as independent alternative level measurement outputs.
Able Fusion can be offered in a single or dual chamber design with transmitter and switch options to suit requirements. The fusion is a self-contained system that can be side-mounted to a tank or vessel with threaded, flanged or welded pipe connections to suit customer specifications.
HART, Profibus and Fieldbus communications protocols are available.
- Two independent integrated technologies for redundancy
- Difference in readings between MLI and GWR offers feedback of system performance
- No calibration required on either measuring technology
- Two-wire, intrinsically safe or explosion proof, loop powered level transmitter
- HART® communication protocol
- Extra outputs available
- Clean liquids, hydrocarbons to water-based media
- Most process or storage vessels
- ATEX II 1 G, 1/2 G, 2G, EEx ia II C T6, intrinsically safe
- ATEX II 1/2 G, 2 G, EEx d[ia] II C T6, explosion proof
- FM/CSA non-incendive IS and XP