ABLE offers the most advanced, accurate, and reliable ultrasonic metering technology for gas flow applications with its WideBeam range of ultrasonic clamp-on flowmeters, originally developed for liquid applications.
Available in both portable and fixed installation versions, ABLE’s flow meters simplify gas flow measurement using high-accuracy transducers, which clamp onto the external wall of the pipe. The flow meters are ideal for natural, specialty, erosive, corrosive, toxic, high-purity or sterile gas applications where interruptions to flow or modification of existing pipe work must be avoided.
The unique WideBeam technology uses the pipe wall as a waveguide to optimize the signal-to-noise ratio. This technology increases precision by reducing the sensitivity to any change in medium type or pressure. In addition, the flow meter is immune to most pressure-reducing valve noises. ABLE’s WideBeam technology frequency matches the transducer to inject the ultrasonic waves into the pipe, rather than the shear-mode used in conventional ultrasonic flow meters.
As a result, use of the pipe wall as the transmitter provides a much wider sonic beam than available from narrow-beam (shear-mode) technology. The wide beam is intrinsically less affected by the ‘blowing’ of the sonic beam caused by high flow rates and provides a reliable, stable signal for continued performance under the most difficult process conditions. Similarly, contaminants such as liquid in gas will not interrupt the entire wide beam as they will with narrow beam flow meters.
With shear-mode technology, the signal is injected into the pipe wall at one frequency, regardless of pipe wall thickness. The transducers remain the transmitting device and use the pipe wall as a medium between the transducer and the fluid. The fixed frequency does not match the characteristics of any pipe, which limits the performance of the shear mode flow meters, making them susceptible to low or complete loss of signal and failure of the flow meter.
ABLE’s flow meters also come with built-in analytical software, offering diagnostic capabilities delivering crucial information about the application and meter performance. The flow meters are available in several configurations from single to four path, underground installations and various enclosure types.
The 1010 flow meter offers benefits over other ultrasonic flow meters and invasive metering technologies, including:
- Rugged submersible design for use in harsh industrial environments
- Multi-path versions available for improved accuracy and resilience to flow profile distortions
- Ideal for natural and process gas applications
- Available in wall, rack and Exd mount enclosure configurations
- Tolerant of most wet gas conditions
- Immune to most pressure reducing valve noise
- Easy-to-use “DataView” diagnostic software
- Optional rugged stainless-steel transducer enclosure permits permanent and direct burial installations
- Portable meters can be used for flow surveys and to prove existing meters
- Suitable for pipe sizes from 20mm to 1.5m in diameter
- Quick and easy installation
- Simple operation with built-in help menu
- Patented WideBeam technology providing high accuracy and reliable flow measurement