MMC (Europe) Ltd Vapour Control Valves and Flange Couplings
MMC (Europe) Ltd, a division of MMC International Corporation, is a manufacturer of "intrinsically safe" vapour control valves, couplings and gauging equipment for maritime petroleum and chemical transport vessels and the petro-chemical industry. Our primary products are Cam-Lock flanges, tank gauging station valves, oil-water separators and cargo UTI (Ullage, Temperature and oil/water Interface) measurement devices for closed and restricted applications.
MMC is the world’s leading manufacturer of portable instruments for UTI measurement and bottom dryness in shipboard and land-based petroleum and chemical tank systems. Our recent stainless steel sensor product is capable of all three UTI detection functions.
We also offer quick connect coupling flanges, high-level alarm systems, gas samplers, product samplers as well as land-based petro-chemical facilities.
QUICK-OPEN CAM-LOCK FLANGE COUPLINGS FOR LIQUID TRANSFER
Since it pioneered the concept in the 1960s, MMC has been the world’s leading manufacturer of cam-locking, quick-opening flange couplings for use in the transport of industrial liquids such as petroleum and chemicals.
Our corrosion-resistant Cam-Lock flange couplings feature internal O-ring seals and provide quick, secure flange connections for flanged hoses, manifolds, loading arms and valves. They ensure the quickest, safest and most secure method available for secure connection.
A special spool piece flange coupling is now available for offshore floating hose operations. The spool piece unit is designed for tight area manifold extensions, hose lifting points and reducer couplings. It features special lifting pads, cam guard ring and enhanced corrosion resistant qualities required for offshore applications.
TANK GAUGING FIXTURES FOR LAND-BASED USAGE
MMC manufactures a wide range of gauging pipe stations, including the following:
- MB, 2in, 150 Standard Gauging and ½l Sampling Station – positive-type shut-off valve allows gauging with UTI or UI tapes, or fixed-in place permanent gauging/sampling stations
- MBXF, 2in, 150 Variable Height and Flange Size Gauging Station – as MB, but built to custom specifications for flange type and size
- GPSXF, 2in Gauging Pipe Station, with Custom Flange Mounting – suitable for applications where the positive shut-off of a tank gauging port is not required
- GPST-2 Gauging Pipe Station for Pipe Threaded Mounting – this fixture can be installed into a field-prepared 2in pipe threaded hole in an existing gauging port cover
- GPSB-2 Gauging Pipe Station (temporary) – special version for situations where only periodic tank contents audit measurements are required
- GSSC-24 Gauging Station with Swing-Open Cover for other than ½l sampling – performs any of the permanent-type fixture functions, intended for open gauging applications where large sample volumes (½l) are required as a single dip operation
ENHANCED ‘CLOSED’ GAUGING SYSTEMS WITH SURFACE MOUNTING TECHNOLOGY
These gauging systems feature an ullage range of 15m to 23m or 25m to 37m and use new all-type 316 stainless sensors for chemical applications and a re-designed PES plastic sensor for petroleum-based product carriers. Both sensors employ state-of-the-art SMT (Surface Mount Technology) and circuit enhancements that provide better long term reliability, more precise ullage level sensing, and improved oil-water layer detection.
FLEXI-DIP STANDARD CLOSED (SC) VAPOUR CONTROL SAMPLING SYSTEM
The Flexi-dip (SC) system is designed for use with a wide range of standard MMC vapor-control valves such as the B, MB, MMB and F/C50 styles. The system is specifically designed for applications areas where the escape of tank vapours during gauging or sampling is prohibited.
Once the SC sampling system is attached to any existing or new vapour control valve, it can extract a sample in place. It then can decant a collected product directly into an approved container without dismantling the sampling system from the vapour control valve.
SINGLE STAINLESS STEEL GAUGING SENSOR FOR ULLAGE, TEMPERATURE AND OIL/WATER INTERFACE MEASUREMENT
MMC’s stainless steel sensor is capable of all three UTI measurements, which eliminates the need of chemical and petroleum carriers to use two different sensing probes. This new triple-function probe can be used with both corrosives and non-corrosives and is also designed for easy cleaning and decontamination on vessels carrying multiple products.
Products and Services
60 Inip Drive
United States of America
South Nelson Road
South Nelson Industrial Estate