Norgren Solenoid and Process Valves, and Instrumentation
Norgren has brought together the market leading brands of Maxseal, Herion, Watson Smith and Buschjost to create a global sector supplying products and integrated solutions for the oil & gas, chemical, petrochemical and power generation markets.
At the heart of Norgren’s offering are solenoid valves and instrumentation products that make a difference for customers around the world.
Norgren-Herion has been a global leader in process automation for more than 65 years, developing a reputation for quality and reliability in its unique valve product offering and customised solutions.
Norgren-Herion valves are used throughout the chemical and petro-chemical industries for process control automation and fluid control.
- 24011, 24010 & 98015 direct acting solenoid valves
- 97105 and 98025 pilot operated solenoid valves
- 80400 air operated poppet valve
- Options include 2/2, 3/2, 4/2 and 5/2 way valves made from brass, stainless steel or aluminium.
Norgren-Herion’s expertise is their understanding of the industry and their ability to supply valves and solutions for safety systems, to SIL4 or AK7 and protection classes IP65, Ex ia, Ex me, Ex md, NEMA 4, 4x, 6,6P, 7,9. Herion valves can operate in arduous conditions within temperature ranges between -55°C and +80°C and are ATEX, FM, CSA or XP approved.
Stainless-steel solenoid valves
Across the globe Maxseal valves have performed safely and reliably, in arduous environments, for over 50 years.
Maxseal’s ranges of stainless steel solenoid valves are low power consumption, fast acting valves, suitable for Zones 0, 1 and 2 applications, certified to SIL 3 and 4 and have ATEX, GOST, INMETRO and CSA approvals (FM pending). Options include pressures up to 414 bar (6,000psi) and temperature to -60°C.
Included in the Maxseal valve range:
- Direct-acting ICO4S
- Compact, low power consumption ICO3
- Intrinsically safe, ICO2
The Maxseal SOV range offers instrument changeover and process control for hazardous areas. The range includes 0.5in to 4in solenoid valves certified for hazardous area and general use, including gas and liquid handling applications.
2/2 way and 3/2 way process valves
For over 75 years Buschjost has produced innovative solutions to customer problems, in applications as diverse as turbine cooling, water treatment and coffee dispensing.
Solutions for the vegetable oil, fuel cell and biogas sector and helping to reduce emissions in the commercial vehicle industry demonstrate the commitment and expertise of Buschjost to protect the environment and develop renewable energy sources.
Valve types include:
- Direct acting solenoid valves without differential pressure
- Indirect acting solenoid valves with differential pressure
- Force-lift solenoid valves without differential pressure
- Pressure actuated angle seat pilot valves
- Motorised valves
Available in various materials including, brass, stainless steel, cast steel, grey cast iron, gun metal, aluminium and various polymers.
Watson Smith is Norgren’s centre of excellence for instrumentation and positioning control and integrated intelligence.
I/P converters include:
- Electronic: Type 140 – highly reliable, triple certified, failsafe
- Proportional: Types 421, 422/423, 425 – 4-20mA single with a range of variations
- Electro-mechanical (I/P & E/P): Type 100/101X – rugged, reliable, force balanced, suitable for industrial & process applications
- Modular: Type 120 – small, neat, low flow ideal for pilot boosting applications and integrated fine positioner control
Precision regulators include:
- Manostat range – unparalleled accuracy and stability, ideal for dead-end applications
P/I converters include:
- Types 68 & 71 – Converting pneumatic pressure into electrical signals
Products and Services