CEPS provides turnkey commissioning services including engineering studies and/or specification development, pipeline cleaning and gauging, chemical treatment of test water, pipeline flooding, hydrostatic pressure testing, tightness tests, pipeline dewatering and pipeline air drying and vacuum drying.
Our pressure testing equipment and procedures comply with the requirements of commonly used international standards EN 1594(EU) ASME B31.8 Code, ASME B31.4 Code, The US Federal Safety Regulation for Pipelines or any other national standards; for example, DVGW G 469 (Germany), NEN 3650 (The Netherlands), PN-M-34503(Poland) as well as the German standard VdTŰV Merkblatt 1060, and the Czech standard TPG 702 04 for stress tests.
Our on-line visualisation, recording and control systems allow the tests to be stopped as soon as the pressure target value or calculated acceptable added volume limit is reached.
Our air drying units can dry air to dew point of water of -80°C that helps to achieve specified values on pipeline output quickly.
Evaporation of water intensifies and boiling point of water drops with decreasing atmospheric pressure. High ambient temperature also helps to increase efficiency of vacuum drying.
- Pressure heads: 12in to 48in, 150-250 bar
- High-pressure pumps: max 400l/min, max 250 bar; max 220l/min, max 250 bar; max 100l/min, max 170 bar, 200bar
- Filling pumps: 130m³/hr, max 35 bar; 185m³/hr, max 40 bar; 350m³/hr, max 60 bar
- Filling/feeding pump: 120m³/hr, max 14 bar
- Mobile tanks: 10m³ – 30m³
- Control and measurement rooms: mobile on truck
- Computerised control units
- Pressure transmitters: 350 bar, accuracy 0.075%
- Flow meters: 470l/min, accuracy 0.2%
- Thermometer: −30°C to +60°C, accuracy 0.05°C
- Compressors: 1,700m³/hr, 20 bar; 1,500m³/hr, 12 bar; 600m³/hr, 12 bar; 900m³/hr, 25 bar (inlet 10 bar)
- Air drying units: 3,600m³/hr, -80°C, 8 bar; 650m³/hr, -70°C, 8 bar
- Vacuum pumps: 200m³/hr, 0.05 mbar
CEPS main references
- 1992 – 2013: Hydraulic pressure tests of over 2,000km of 4in- 40in new pipelines in Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Latvia – 300 projects/contracts
- 2012- 2013: Stress test of 53km of 56in Gazelle pipeline, Czech Republic
- 1992 to 2012: Pre-commissioning air drying of over 500km of 4in to 36in new pipelines in Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Finland
- 1992 to 2012: Drying over 700km of 4in to 28in existing pipelines after revalidation hydraulic pressure tests in Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Latvia
- 2012 to 2013: Air drying of 53km of 56in Gazelle pipeline, Czech Republic
- 2012: Vacuum drying of valve metering station in Nové Zlievce, Slovakia, with approximately 6km of 4in-56in piping system