The original optimised lightning protection for floating roof tanks.
- Pre-tensioned: the RGA 750 is pre-tensioned at the factory, so no on-site tensioning is required.
- Corrosion-resistance: new aluminium cable originally developed for marine use greatly improves corrosion-resistance and is highly resistant to hydrogen sulfide (H2S)- tinned copper option available upon request
- Easy-to-install: installation takes only two hours on both new and existing tanks
- Effective: permanent, reliable, low-impedance bond prevents fires triggered by lightning currents
- Durable and low-maintenance: engineered for years of durability and reliable performance in corrosive environments and requires virtually no upkeep as compared to shunts.
- Standards conformant: The RGA conforms to both API 545 and NFPA 780 recommendations and meets the API 545 requirements for a bypass conductor
- Stronger springs: The new RGA 750 uses stronger springs to retract the cable, resulting in an average increase in retraction force over the entire cable payout range of 340% over the RGA 75 and 600% over the RGA 55
The ATEX approved and patented RGA substantially reduces the risk of tank fires by subduing sustained arcs during lightning events and other electrical phenomena. The RGA does this better than other traditional methods for bonding floating roofs because the retractable cable is always at the shortest possible length. The resultant low-resistance and impedance results in too low of a voltage to sustain the arc, therefore no fire.