BFE SpA Forged Steel Valves
B.F.E. S.p.A. has exclusively specialised in the production of forged steel valves since 1953. B.F.E. is a well-respected brand worldwide, known for fist class design and quality. In 1996, one of the biggest private Italian firms in the steel mill market, Valbruna, established complete control of B.F.E.
The B.F.E. Quality System is officially certified according to ISO 9001.
The valves are manufactured in two plants: the first realisation of high quality products is reached in the forging plant in Bosisio Parini, where the raw steel, in billets, is requalified and forged with absolute control, characteristic of material and forging procedures. In fact, a great deal of attention is paid to quality, and a fully equipped testing laboratory has been established for the control of material before, during and after the forging operation.
Machining of forgings and components is carried out in the main plant in Albano S. Alessandro, and due to controlled C.A.D. design, general standards and customer specifications are met by high technical standards. Automatic transfer machines, appositely designed and equipped, are used to machine big quantities of standard valves. Meanwhile, several C.N.C. machines carry out the machining of lower quantities of valves when more flexibility in setting and tooling of machines is required. Substantial investments are producing good results, optimising the technology in production and improve efficiency.
Forged valves: gate, globe and check valves (SW – NPT – BW – flanged)
Design construction: up to class 1500 – API 602, BS 5352, NF M87.412.
Class:2500 and 4500 – ANSI B16.34.
Testing according to: API 598, BS 6755.
Marking: MSS SP25.
- Socket weld ends
- Screwed ends
- Butt welding ends
- Face to face – flanged valves according to ANSI B16.10
- BW ends according to ANSI B16.10 or BFE standard
- SW and screwed ends and class 4500 valves according to BFE standard
- Integral body end flanged for classes up to 2500 according to ANSI B16.5 RF or RTJ type
Ratings: according to ANSI B16.34 and API 602 class 800lbs.
Body-bonnet joint: welded, screwed and seal welded
Port opening: full or reduced bore.
Size: 1/4in to 2in.
Pressure seal gate, globe and check valves
Gate: integral flexible wedge, parallel disc or split type
Globe: loose on stem; needle or parabolic
Check: swing or fully guided piston type
Design construction: ANSI B16.34.
Classes: up to 4,500lbs, standard and special, intermediate classes on request.
Testing according to: API 598, BS 6755.
Marking to: MSS SP25.
Butt welding ends according to: ANSI B16.25.
Face to face according to: ANSI B16.10 short pattern.
Size: 1/2in to 12in (larger sizes available on request).
Combination double block and bleed valves
Type: double ball or double gate valves with a needle bleed valve.
Special combination: with check valve and quill for injection on request.
Design construction: ANSI B16.34; B31.1; B31.3 and MSS-SP84.
Classes: up to 4,500lbs according to ANSI B16.34.
Port dimensions: in accordance with customer specification.
Testing according to: API 598 and BS 6755.
Marking according to: MSS SP25.
Fire safe according to: API 6A or BS 6755.
Size: 1/4in to 6in.
We provide socket welding ends, screwed ends, butt welding ends, flanges RF or RTJ and clamp locks
- DDB with Gate valves
- LDDB with Ball valves
API 6A valves
Type: Gate and Check (Globe valve on request)
Design Construction: API 6A.
Product Specification Level: PSL 1, PSL2 and PSL3.
Classes: 2000, 3000, 5000 and 10000 PSI
Testing according to: API 6A
Drift test according to: API 6A for gate and swing check valve only.
Flange ends according to: API 6A RF or RTJ 6B or 6BX type
Screwed ends to: API LP
Size: 2in 1/16 to 4in 1/16
Additional class/type valves
- High pressure and steam service line, including 1,500, 2,500 and 4,500 PSI valves both in gate and globe type, ‘T’ and ‘Y’ pattern
- Integrally flanged end valves in class 150, 300, 600 and 1,500 LBS
- A unique product, the ‘VALV-O-LET’ joins valve and weldolet technology
- Cryogenic valves suitable to operate at -196°C (-319°F)
- Carbon and stainless steel bellow sealed valves
Carbon steel, alloy steel, stainless steel, duplex stainless steel and special steels
- Carbon steel – A105, LF2, LF3, C22.8, TSTE355
- Alloy steel – F1, F5, F9, F11, F22, 13CrMo44, 12CrMo19.5
- Stainless steel: F304, F316, F321, F347, 1.4541, 1.4571
- Duplex stainless steel (superduplex st. st.): F44, F51, 1.4462
- Special steels: inconel, incoloy, hastelloy, alloy20, monel, titanium
Forged steel ball valves
- From 1/4in FB to 1in up to class 2500
- Up to 2in FB up to class 1500
- Up to 4in FB up to class 300
- Up to 6in FB up to class 150
Standard design: ASME B16.34 – BS5351 – API 6D. Two or three pieces bolted construction – solid ball – soft seated – anti blow-out proof stem design antistatic device – side entry – fire test approved – ISO 5211 on top for automation – full or reduced port.
- Threaded: BSPP – BSPT – NPT
- Welded: SW – BW – PE – integral or welded nipples
- Flanged: ASME RF, FF, RTJ – DIN PN16, PN25, PN40, PN63 and PN100
- Weld overlay on sealing areas
- Lip seal
- Double and single block and bleed
- Metal seated for extremely high temperature or abrasive service
- Cyogenic service for extremely low temperature up to -196°C
- Double piston effect
- Top entry
- API 6A
Trunnion mounted: from 1/2in to 24in FB up to class 2500 and API 20000.